Webster University Athletics, a member of NCAA Division III and the St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SLIAC), invites applications for the position of Assistant Men's and Women's Track & Field Coach - Throws and Horizonal Jumps.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Head Coach in the implementation of sport training through teaching and instructing the student-athletes in the rules and fundamentals of track and field.
- Under the direction of the Head Coach, assists in providing sport skill instruction, assists in the conduct of practice sessions, performs game related duties, and motivates student-athletes to give their best efforts.
- Contributes to recruiting efforts through on-campus visits and off-campus evaluation.
- Supports team fundraising initiatives.
- Mentors student athletes.
- Demonstrates sincere interest in the personal, academic and athletic success of the student-athlete.
- Represents the University in a positive manner at all times.
- Previous athletic experience in track and field.
- Previous experience recruiting student-athletes.
- Demonstrated track and field coaching knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal, teaching and communication skills.
- General knowledge of NCAA Division III rules and regulations.
- Certification in CPR and First Aid.