Gardner-Webb Athletics seeks a qualified individual for the full-time position of Assistant Men’s and Women’s Track and Field/Cross Country Coach. This is a full-time, 10-month position that will report to the Head Coach. The successful candidate will assist the head coach in running all aspects of a NCAA Division 1 Track & Field and Cross-Country program with an emphasis on jumps and multis, or distance.
- Assist with recruitment of student athletes.
- Assist with coaching, player development, and training of student athletes.
- Organize and supervise Track and Field/ Cross Country practices.
- Coordinate team travel logistics.
- Assist with organization required for visiting teams, recruits and other activities and events.
- Assist with organization and administration of camps and clinics, as applicable.
- Understand and apply regulations, standards, and policies.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Adherence to all rules and regulations of Gardner-Webb University, the Big South, and the NCAA.
- Previous successful coaching experience at the NCAA level.
- Strong working knowledge of NCAA and conference rules as they pertain to track and field.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to recruit student-athletes to a Championship culture.
- The ability to guide and support Gardner-Webb University student-athletes.