MidAmerica Nazarene University, a premier Christian University located in Olathe, KS is seeking applications for the position of Assistant T&F/Throws Coach. MNU is a member of the Heart of America Conference and the NAIA. This is a full-time position.
- Promote the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletic program.
- Provide assistance with academic goals and objectives of the team.
- Provide for the safety and welfare of team members at all fitness levels working closely with the athletic training staff to ensure all student-athletes have had physical exams, proof of health insurance, and their athletic training needs have been met.
- Recruit and retain outstanding student-athletes to the MNU Track & Field/Cross Country program who excel academically; coordinate contacts with recruits and their families; yearly recruitment goals set by the head coach and the university.
- Represent the athletic department at professional, civic, charitable, and alumni events as requested; assist with coordinating community service projects, leadership training, and outreach activities as part of the NAIA’s Champions of Character program.
- Other duties as appointed by the Director of Track and Field.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Three to five years of significant, progressive, and responsible experience in coaching is required with collegiate-level experience preferred.