Essential Performance Responsibilities:
- Instructs athletes regarding techniques, rules and safety practices of the sport.
- Develops and organizes practice program.
- Schedules and conducts practices according to agreed-upon schedules.
- Supervises athletes from the scheduled beginning of the practice or game until the last athlete leaves, knowing where all participants are at all times.
- Supervises athletes on buses on trips to other schools.
- Promotes the entire Norwalk Athletics program.
- Sets an example of the highest ethical and moral conduct including respecting and supporting contest officials.
- Fosters among the participants and spectators an appreciation of the values of athletics, an attitude of good sportsmanship, and a sense of pride in self, team, school, and community.
- Promotes a healthy lifestyle to student athletes.
- Assists the head coach and athletic director to ensure that lists of all players eligible for athletic contests are prepared and maintained under the rules of Norwalk CSD.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents and coworkers.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.