The Assistant Varsity Lacrosse Coach at Trinity Preparatory School works closely with the Head Coach on the planning and directing the conditioning, training, and performance of our student athletes, for our Varsity Lacrosse program. This Assistant Coaching position and all of the duties of the position must be conducted in adherence with the policies, rules, and regulations of Trinity Preparatory School and the Florida High School Athletic Association.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet bi-weekly with the Head Coach, Assistant Athletic Director and/or Athletic Director.
- Assists Head Coach in the overall planning and execution of the Varsity Lacrosse program.
- Serve as a role-model to develop sportsmanship - both on and off the field.
- Organize and facilitate regularly scheduled practices with emphasis on development and implement game strategy.
- Observe and guide the discipline and conduct of student athletes to reinforce our core values, specifically our belief in the educational excellence of the athletics program.
- Interact regularly with student athletes to maintain a safe learning environment both social-emotionally and physically.
- Provide feedback and coaching to team members individually and in groups while demonstrating game techniques throughout the season.
- Encourage new student athlete participation and motivate players to continue their growth and development.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is preferred.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of coaching experience at the secondary, club or collegiate level is preferred.
- Articulates an authentic commitment to diversity and holds others accountable for the same.
- Promotes an inclusive environment that values, encourages, and supports differences.
- Understanding of the rules and regulations governing the sport.
Proven knowledge, skills, and strategies for the sport.
- Strong leadership skills to motivate and develop student athletes on and off the field.
- Focus on playing fair and adhering to the organization’s code of conduct.