The Assistant Varsity Boys Volleyball Coach reports to the Director of Athletics, under the supervision of the Head Boys Volleyball Coach. This position is responsible for coaching and providing direction to student athletes so that they might achieve a high level of skill as well as an appreciation for physical fitness, discipline, sportsmanship, and teamwork in volleyball.
Functions & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and supervise the Varsity Boys Volleyball program, under the leadership of the Boys Varsity Volleyball Head Coach.
- Ensures that Branson and League policies, rules and regulations regarding the conduct of athletic activities and athletes are followed.
- Works with the Athletic Department to plan and organize practices and games schedules.
- Maintains a safe environment for student athletes at all times.
- Develop an appropriate training program and practice schedules.
- Communicates regularly with team parents regarding overall team operations.
- Ensures the regular supervision of student athletes at home and away games and ensures appropriate behavior.
- Ensures that student athletes adhere to training rules, class and grade requirements, and rules of behavior on the court, in conditioning, and in the locker room.
- Interacts thoughtfully and courteously with students, staff, parents, and officials. Resolves all conflicts in a professional manner.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university (preferred).
- One to two years of experience as a volleyball coach at the high school or collegiate level (preferred).
- CPR Certified through American Red Cross.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license, and would be expected to drive student athletes to off-campus trainings and games.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize.
- Experience working and communicating with diverse groups of people.