Lakeside School, an independent 5-12 coeducational day school located in North Seattle is currently recruiting for two Assistant Co-ed Varsity Wrestling Coaches. The season begins Monday, November 18, 2019 and concludes at the latest on Saturday, February 22, 2020. A required preseason coaches meeting will be held Monday, October 28, 3:30 – 7pm.
The coach, reporting to the director of athletics and the head varsity wrestling coach, will join an athletics program that includes 23 varsity teams, most of which have both sub-varsity and middle-school counterparts. The wrestling program consists of a co-ed varsity team. The coach will be responsible for coaching duties with the team, as well as other program duties like supervision at meets, transporting athletes, and practice set up and breakdown. Specific responsibilities include:
- Compliance with all Lakeside School, Metro League and WIAA policies and procedures
- Supervision and instruction of student-athletes during team activities
- Maintenance and inventory of team equipment and apparel
- Attendance at required program and interscholastic athletics program meetings
- Support of multi-sport participation for student-athletes
- Promotion of balanced achievement in all areas of school life for student-athletes
Requirements and Qualifications
- (Preferred) At least 25 years of age, have a clean driving record and a valid Washington state driver’s license.
- Be available for all practices and competitions from 3pm daily during their coaching season with availability on weekends as required.
- Experience coaching wrestling at the club, middle school, high school or college level is required.
- Demonstration of cultural awareness, including knowledge of themselves and the culture lenses they bring to interactions.
- An understanding of different perspectives, the ability to interact respectfully with cultures other than their own, and ability to cultivate meaningful relationships with people who have different cultural frameworks.
- Candidates must satisfactorily complete two criminal background checks and possess (or obtain) a current First Aid and CPR certification prior to the start of their season.
We offer a stipend schedule that compares favorably with peer schools and clubs both locally and nationally. Coaching stipends are paid in monthly installments during the primary competition seasons. Other benefits include Lakeside Athletics apparel and access to funds for professional development. Questions about this position may be directed to Chris Hartley.
Working At Lakeside
At Lakeside we are committed to sustaining a school in which individuals representing diverse cultures and experiences instruct one another in the meaning and value of community. To learn more about working at Lakeside, including our professional development and mentoring programs, benefits, diversity and inclusion, and opportunities for involvement in non-academic programs, please visit our Careers page on the Lakeside School website.