Under general supervision, is responsible for cooperating with the Varsity Head Coach to lead the girls and boys cross country teams. The season begins on August 21st and concludes in early November. Practices are held Monday-Friday 3:00-5:30; Occasional Saturday meets.
- Teaches appropriate fundamentals, techniques and skills.
- Is responsible for the health and safety of the athletes.
- In cooperation with Varsity Head Coach, articulates a well-defined and understandable coaching philosophy.
- Applies developmentally appropriate and age appropriate methods to coaching student-athletes.
- Emphasizes sportsmanship and leadership among athletes.
- Clearly communicates to players, parents, administrators and staff.
- Positively motivates athletes and promotes teamwork
- Attends all meetings and trainings as required by the league and/or Athletic Director.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's degree in physical education or related field from a four-year college or university preferred.
- Demonstrated competence and experience in coaching running.
- Recent successful coaching experience in an Upper School environment preferred.
- Must possess or be willing to obtain valid First Aid/CPR card.