To instruct athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. At the same time, the coach must instruct and demonstrate behaviors that lead to socially acceptable character development, self discipline, self confidence, and pride of accomplishment in the student athletes. To upgrade his/her knowledge and skills through coaching clinics, observations, consultation, etc.
- Has previous successful coaching experience in assigned sport of cross country.
- The coach must have substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of cross country and, at the same time, must continue to examine new theories and procedures pertinent to the field.
- The coach must serve as an appropriate role model for student athletes through his/her instructions and actions.
- Help design practice.
- Work with other varsity coaches to administer a comprehensive program.
- Supervision of athletes involved in the program.
- Practice and carry out rules and procedures as defined by the Worthington School District.