The High School Assistant Football Coach provides leadership and supervision for the team and works closely with the Head Coach and other coaching staff members and administration of the school.
- High School Diploma (College education preferred).
- Successful High School playing career.
- Successful High School Coaching as JV Head Coach or Varsity Offensive or Defensive Coordinator or Top Assistant (Minimum 2 years).
- Ability to motivate students to work as a team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coach and supervise the school football program and team.
- Encourage Multi-sport athletes.
- Provide training rules to all athletes.
- Understand and follow MHSAA policies, rules, and guidelines at all times.
- Be a positive role model and mentor to student athletes.
- Attend all MHSAA, athletic department and league meetings as needed.
- Promote a program of teamwork, and sportsmanship.
- Ensure that student athletes adhere to training rules, grade policies, and rules of behavior.
- Ensure the continual supervision of student athletes during games, in conditioning, and in locker/shower room.
- Keep abreast of new information, innovative ideas, and techniques.
- Support the value of an education.