The teacher/coach is responsible for promoting the student/athlete philosophy both during the academic instruction of the classroom and total athletic program. The teacher/coach must demonstrate strong content knowledge in their academic teaching area as well as a climate of “respect” to ensure a strong academic environment. The candidate should demonstrate an attitude of preparation for the classroom and field (court) to maximize the total student academic learning and their athletic ability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide an instructional program to meet the needs of all students.
- Create a classroom environment that provides for student involvement in the learning process and enable each student to achieve learning objectives.
- Prepare for class assigned, and show written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate superior.
- Adhere to the curriculum pacing guide in order to maximize student learning.
- Plan for and utilize instructional methods, resources and evaluation techniques, which motivate and enable each student to achieve learning objectives.
- Take all necessary and safety precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Maintain accurate and complete records as required by law and District policy.
- Fosters among the participants and spectators an appreciation of the values of athletics, a desire to perform at the highest level, an attitude of good sportsmanship, and a sense of pride in self, team, school, and community.
- Works cooperatively with building administrators and maintenance personnel in the maintenance of athletic facilities.
- Ensures the concept of “Good Sportsmanship” is communicated to all JNPSD athletes and parents.