Girard College is looking for candidates for the position of Assistant Varsity Girls Basketball Coach/Head Junior Varsity Girls Coach. The coach is responsible for assisting in the teaching and training of Girard College female High School students, the game of basketball. He/she must also create and/or support a high energy and positive team culture that reflects the mission statement school. The applicant must have knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of basketball.
- Responsible for cleaning, storage, and care of team equipment.
- Responsible for team well-being during practice and games.
- Distribute equipment, supplies and uniforms to the players before the season. Also, collect all uniforms and equipment at the end of the season.
- Assist in transporting the team to games.
- Keep athletes safe and healthy.
- Follow the care plan of the Athletic Trainer for injured student-athletes.
- Associates Degree required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of three years of coaching experience on the high school or collegiate level and/or professional coaching experience or other related experience.
- The candidate must have completed the PIAA coaching education requirements at the time of hire.
- The candidate must possess outstanding interpersonal skills and a willingness to work with student-athletes, administration, faculty, and staff.
- The candidate must demonstrate interest in and an aptitude for performing all tasks listed.