To help each participating student achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship and an increased level of self-esteem.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaches participants in the assigned fundamentals and skills necessary for achievement in the sport involved.
- Assists in planning and scheduling a regular program of practice in season.
- Assists in overseeing the safety conditions of the facilities or area in which assigned sport is conducted at all times that students are present.
- Maintains and reports accurate statistics, record, and results of the season as directed by the head coach.
- Enforces discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times and establishes and oversees consequences for breach of such standards by individual students.
- Maintains competency in rules, rule interpretations, meet procedures, coaching techniques and general information about all aspects of the sport.
- Adheres to a highly efficient and technically sound program of injury prevention and follow up.
- Recommends purchase of equipment, supplies and uniforms as directed by the head coach.
- Maintains necessary attendance forms, insurance records, participant handbooks and similar paperwork as directed by the head coach.
Education or Experience:
- High School diploma required with experience playing and coaching in applicable sport.
- BA degree with a major or minor in physical education or equivalent hours and courses in coaching theory is preferred.
- Experience in physical education, coaching, first aid, CPR and sports medicine is preferred.