Lakeside School, an independent 5-12 coeducational day school located in North Seattle is currently recruiting for an Assistant Varsity Boys Lacrosse Coach (offense experience). The season is scheduled to begin Monday, February 26, 2024 and concludes no later than May 26 (championship weekend). Required orientation meetings will take place the week of February 12 in the late afternoon or early evening.
- Compliance with all Lakeside School and WHSBLA policies and procedures.
- Commitment to providing supports, messaging, actions, and opportunities to a diverse student body who come to school with different and evolving lived experiences and levels of preparation as athletes.
- Supervision and instruction of student-athletes during team activities.
- Maintenance and inventory of team equipment and apparel.
- Attendance at required program and interscholastic athletics program meetings.
- Support of multi-sport participation for student-athletes.
- Promotion of balanced achievement in all areas of school life for studentathletes.
- At least 19 years of age with a clean driving record.
- Availability for all practices and competitions from 3pm daily during their coaching season with availability on weekends as required.
- Experience coaching lacrosse at the club, middle school, high school or college level.
- Demonstrated cultural awareness, including knowledge of themselves and the cultural lenses they bring to interactions. Candidates will understand different perspectives, interact respectfully with cultures other than their own, and cultivate meaningful relationships with people who have different cultural frameworks.
- Possess or obtain prior to the start of the season current First Aid/CPR certification.
- Satisfactorily complete at least two criminal background checks.