- Coaching endorsement; coaching authorization required.
- Coaching experience in specific sport desired. B.A. or B.S. degree with teaching certificate recommended.
- To instruct individuals in the fundamentals and skills of the activity which are necessary for achievement in the specific sport.
- To organize the program in a manner which best utilizes the skills of the assigned staff and to coordinate all levels of the specific program.
- To plan and schedule a regular program of practice during the season and those optional activities during the off-season which may include physical conditioning.
- To communicate with students, staff, parents, community, and the media in a manner conducive to the total school program.
- To work closely with the Athletic Director in scheduling all contests.
- To establish criteria to assess student performance for eligibility in interscholastic competition.
- To enforce sportsmanship behaviors at all times and implement the guidelines for discipline as provided by the District’s Discipline Policy.
- To recommend purchase of equipment, supplies, and uniforms to the Athletic Director.
- To support all other school activities.