To help each participating student achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self-esteem.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coaches individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport involved.
- Plans and schedules a regular program of practice in season.
- Oversees the safety conditions of the facility or area in which assigned sport is conducted at all times that students are present.
- Maintains accurate statistics, records, and results of the season.
- Enforces discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times, and establishes and oversees penalties for breach of such standards by individual students.
- Maintains competency in rules, rule interpretations, meet procedures, coaching techniques, and general information about all aspects of the sport.
- Experience in physical education, coaching, first-aid, CPR, and sports medicine preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of students or employees of the district.