- Demonstrated successful experience playing and/or coaching the sport.
- Teaching certification or the ability to demonstrate a strong understanding of pedagogy.
- Current CPR/First Aid Certification.
- National coaching certification preferred (ASEP/NFHS/Other Governing Body).
- Understanding of basic fundamentals and movements of the sport.
- Knowledge of current trends, tactics, strategies, and skills of the sport.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, coaches, parents, faculty members and administrators.
- Experience working with urban students.
- Availability to assist with implementation of a year-round training program.
The School District of Lancaster provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex/gender, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.