- Educational preparation relevant to area of instruction.
- Prior relevant successful experience preferred.
- Such other qualifications or alternatives as the Principal and Superintendent may find appropriate and acceptable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Continuously improve professional knowledge and practice through appropriate professional development activities; share information and knowledge with other coaches; apply the best research in the design and development of their sport.
- Maintain and incorporate the best research in instructional materials and techniques.
- Set short-term and season-long goals for their sport based on sound principles and practices of learning.
- Develop and maintain practice schedules based on short-term and season-long goals and share when appropriate.
- Integrate current technologies as tools to enhance instructional strategies and increase player skills.
- Promote a high level of active learning through setting high standards and clear goals and modifying instruction to help all players achieve those standards.