- Fundamentals of Coaching.
- Concussion Education.
- Valid CPR Certification.
- First Aide/Health Safety.
- A thorough knowledge of the sport/activity that is being taught.
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest Training – Lindsey’s Law.
- Exhibit professional behavior, emotional stability and sound judgment.
- Respond appropriately to crisis situations (i.e. emergencies, employee/parent concerns).
- Ensure the safety of students.
- Set a good moral and ethical example for athletes, the student body, and community.
- Work cooperatively with the Head Coach to better the athletic program.
- Conduct oneself in an ethical manner during contests and practices.
- Assist the head coach as directed during practices.
- Notify parents of athlete(s) needing medical attention, refer for a physical and keeping records.
It is the policy of the Marion City Schools Board of Education that the best-qualified applicant shall be selected for each position without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, political affiliation, disabling or military status.