- Sport specific coaching skills substantiated by training/work experience.
- Holds or is qualified to obtain a Pupil Activity Supervisor Permit/CPR/NFHS Coaches Education.
- Complies with drug-free workplace rules, board policies and administrative guidelines/procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of current Ohio High School Athletic Association regulations and by-laws.
- Duties require working irregular hours and/or a non-traditional schedule.
- Embodies high ethical standards/integrity. Accepts personal responsibility for decisions/conduct.
- Exhibits consistent, impartial and resourceful critical-thinking skills.
- Reviews procedures/schedules with students and parents before the start of the season.
- Communicates program objectives/performance expectations to stakeholders.
- Attends mandatory programs as outlined in the Coaches Handbook.
- Conducts a risk assessment. Implements safety precautions. Responds to emergencies.
- Helps supervise the preparation of athletic fields and practice/training areas as directed.
- Confirms equipment is appropriate for participants’ physical development and skill level.
- Assists with participant uniforms (e.g. ordering, distribution, collection, refurbishing, etc.).
- Keeps track of school equipment assigned to students.
- Plans/directs program activities (e.g., practice schedules, training clinics, etc.). Keeps administrators informed about emerging issues.
- Helps qualify students for participation. Confirms medical/scholastic eligibility.
- Informs students about personal responsibilities.
The Oak Hills Local School District is an equal opportunity employer. This job description identifies primary responsibilities and is not intended to be a complete list of all duties performed.