- To lead, promote, and facilitate student athletes to achieve maximum potential in the chosen activity /sport by instilling ethical values, teamwork and a winning attitude.
- To assist the head coach in the organization of practices and meetings to teach and promote the fundamentals of the activity/sport.
- Fundamentals of Coaching.
- Concussion Education.
- Valid CPR Certification.
- First Aide/Health Safety.
- A thorough knowledge of the sport/activity that is being taught.
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest Training – Lindsey’s Law.
- Alternative to the above qualifications as superintendent and/or board.
- Exhibit professional behavior, emotional stability and sound judgment.
- Respond appropriately to crisis situations (i.e. emergencies, employee/parent concerns).
- Ensure the safety of students.
- Set a good moral and ethical example for athletes, the student body, and community.
- Work cooperatively with the Head Coach to better the athletic program.
- Conduct oneself in an ethical manner during contests and practices.
- Assist the Head Coach as directed during practices.