The Assistant Coach is responsible for providing assistance with the development and operation of the volleyball program. The Assistant Coach will assist in leadership, direction and guidance efforts for the entire program.
Reporting RelationshipDirect reporting relationship to the Head Volleyball Coach.
Essential Responsibilities1. Contribute to the organization of the total program and provide support and cooperation to all levels of sports at Prairie State College.
2. Assist with the recruitment of student-athletes and provide direct assistance to academic achievement related matters.
3. Demonstrate an adequate understanding of by-laws and regulations as defined by the Illinois Skyway Conference and the NJCAA, including rules and rule changes.
4. Demonstrate professionalism in all dealings with student-athletes, parents, staff members, administration, media and the public.
5. Show a willingness to work within the confines and limitations of an intercollegiate athletic program.
6. Contribute to the organization and development of related clinics and workshops conducted by the athletic department.
7. Assist with the development of a record keeping system for soccer and affiliated programs.
8. Preform affiliated duties assigned, as deemed appropriate by the Head Baseball Coach, in addition to the delineated responsibilities.
9. Represent the College in national and regional coaching associations and organizations affiliated with the program.
10. Responsible for obtaining Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) to assist athletic department in providing transportation to and from contests.
Other Duties and ResponsibilitiesWORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The employee is subject to both indoor and outdoor environmental conditions. The nature of the work requires that the individual possess a tremendous amount of energy and enthusiasm and be willing to do light work which may require lifting up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally. Must be able to operate equipment involving arm and leg controls.
Minimum Qualifications1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Previous coaching experience as a head coach or assistant coach in a college/university or high school setting.
3. Ability to assist in recruitment of student-athletes and operate under NJCAA by-laws and regulations.
4. Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills necessary to interface with students, faculty and general public.
5. Experience working with a culturally diverse student population.
6. Must possess a valid driver’s license, as providing transportation to and from contests, via the use of Prairie State College vehicles.
Preferred Qualifications1. Associate Degree.
2. Two years head coaching experience at an institution of higher learning.
3. Evidence of organizational abilities to conduct athletic related clinics and workshops.
Anticipated Work Hours and DaysPart-Time;Seasonal
Salary $2,200/Season Posting Date 06/24/2019 Closing Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to ApplicantsAll applications must be submitted electronically through Prairie State College website.