The Assistant Volleyball coach will assist the Head Volleyball coach with instructing students in the areas of sports fundamentals, sportsmanship, and leadership, film, scouting, recruiting, academic and conduct monitoring, and strength and conditioning.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement the basic principles and policies of the athletic governing bodies (NCAA / NAC) and Husson University.
- Assist in monitoring the academic progress of student-athletes to ensure they are meeting academic course requirements and providing guidance and instruction to students to ensure success.
- Assist in monitoring the conduct of the student-athletes and teaching athletes to work together.
- Assist with recruiting to include: on-campus tours, phone calls, front rush management, and off-campus viewing.
- Assist in training athletes on strength and conditioning and provide general instruction of the team.
- Responsibility to meet on a daily basis with the head coach concerning all areas of instruction, training, scrimmages, matches, and recruiting activities.
- B.A. or B.S. degree required
- Proven experience in playing or coaching at the high school or intercollegiate level. Coaching licenses, certifications, and badges preferred.
- Working knowledge of coaching volleyball. The ability to work with Front Rush recruiting software, and the ability to create film sessions with both individual members of the team and the full team.
- Must also possess the skills to function well in a variety of support roles that interact positively with the administration, faculty, coaching staff, student-athletes and other on-campus and off-campus communities.