The primary purpose of this position is to perform coaching duties for one or more teams as assigned by the Head Coach. A related responsibility is to assist the Head Coach with program development or coordination duties as requested.
- Minimum age 18 years.
- Background and Criminal History Clearance.
- First Aid and CPR Certification.
- NFHS Fundamentals of Coaching and Oregon State Component Certification (High School only).
- Demonstrates high level of communication skills and meets District standards for oral and written language proficiency in English, and if applicable, in Spanish or Russian.
- Skill in leadership and facilitation, including problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Excellent organizational skills for effectively managing multiple tasks.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Knowledge of rules and coaching strategies for assigned sport.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board or administration may deem appropriate and acceptable.
- The employee is expected to be dressed and groomed in a neat, clean, and appropriate professional manner for the assignment and work setting.
- Work is performed in a variety of indoor and outdoor locations, depending on assigned sport. Extreme variations in weather and temperature can occur.
- This position requires considerable physical activity and stamina.
- This position may involve evening and weekend work depending on practice and contest schedules.
- In cases in which the employee is required to travel between sites, the employee is responsible for his/her own travel and will be reimbursed for approved mileage.
- Possible exposure to bodily fluids due to student or employee illness or injury.
- Required to obtain a First Aid and/or CPR Card and serve as a Delegated Caregiver or Designated First Aid Provider.
- Occasionally performs other duties as required by supervisor.