Essential Job Functions:
- Provide a positive learning environment for the athletes.
- Teach the skills necessary for successful performance.
- Manage athlete behavior during training sessions, meets and events.
- Take necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Uphold and enforce school rules, administrative regulations and School Board Policies.
- Attend all meets and events scheduled for the sport.
- Set a positive role model for students.
- Experience with students and the sport/activity.
- Certification through the NFHS Coaches Certification Program (ASEP) is required of all coaches at the beginning of their coaching assignment, prior to the start of the season.
- First Aid Certification, Bloodborne Pathogen and Coaches Certification training are required and can be obtained through the district.
The Lake Oswego School District is committed to being an antiracist, Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.