The Assistant Volleyball Coach assist with recruiting, practice and games for the College’s volleyball team. Competitive playing and previous coaching experience preferred. The coach will adhere to the general employee guidelines as specified by the Personnel handbook, the Vice President of Student Services, the Alabama Community College Conference (ACCC), and the National Junior College Athletic Association.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the supervision of players on and off the court.
- Recruit the best possible student athletes to Calhoun, preferably in North Alabama.
- Report all prevalent activities and actions to the head coach, athletic director and the president.
- Follow the proper chain of command with any relevant issues in the college.
- Maintain a proper working relationship with all faculty and staff at Calhoun.
- Assist with facilities that are used by the volleyball team.
- Assist in organizing practices and game plans for the team.
- Instruct and coach position players.
- Consistently monitor team equipment to ensure that it is properly used.
- Demonstrated expertise in subject specialty.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to deal effectively with students, other employees, and the public.
- Commitment to all students, including those of diverse cultures and ethnic backgrounds.
- Understanding of basic computer skills.
- Ability to coordinate and assist in coaching the volleyball team.