The Assistant coach will assist the head coach and athletics director in all daily operations of the PSC Volleyball team and also as needed in the Athletics Department.
What you'll do:
- Daily responsibilities of coaching their sport.
- Run practices according to the athletic department mission.
- Coach in games and travel with team.
- Recruitment/Retention of student-athletes: Have a system in place for recruitment and retention of student athletes on the team coached.
- Academic responsibilities: Make sure players are making progress toward graduation.
- Practice/Conditioning: Provide a year-round practice program that adheres to the rules set forth by NJCAA.
- Discipline: Have a set of rules governing your team’s behavior.
- Media: Report scores/results to the media.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of one year experience playing or coaching at the college level.
- Previous experience in goal keeping or goal keeping training is preferred.
- Ability to communicate well, both orally and in writing.
- Thorough knowledge of the following computer programs: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel.
- Thorough knowledge of office machinery.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to complete tasks that have set deadlines.