An employee in this position will be a personal example of high moral character and superior teaching standards. The Assistant Volleyball Coach will assist in teaching good sportsmanship as the number one priority on the athletic field. This Coach will work with faculty and staff to support player academic and moral success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow the lead of the head coach.
- Promotes the sport within the school through recruiting athletes who are not other sports programs.
- Promotes the sport outside the school through news media or in any other feasible manner.
- Assists with the implementation of the athletic policies by the entire staff of the sports program.
- Responsible for maintaining good public relations with news media, Booster Club, parents, officials, volunteers, and fans.
- Understands the prober administrative line of command and refers all requests or grievances through proper channels.
- Maintains discipline, adjust grievances, and work to increase morale and cooperation.
- Provides training rules and any other unique regulations of the sport to each athlete who is considered a participant.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of all the Athletic Policies approved by the Gaston County Schools’ Board of Education and is responsible for its implementation by the entire staff of the sports program.
- Knowledge of existing system, state, and conference regulations; implements them consistently and interprets them for staff.
- Ability and willingness to organize and supervise the volleyball program.
- Must have superior knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport and must continue to examine new theories and procedures pertinent to the field.
- Understands the growth and development of players at the assigned school.