- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills.
- Must have thorough knowledge and experience in sport involved.
- Three years coaching experience preferred. Head coaching experience desired.
- Interpersonal skills which promote strong positive attitudes with students, staff, and community.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Must hold and maintain a current first aid card (in addition, a current CPR card is highly recommended).
- Is knowledgeable of rules set down by WIAA and the District.
- Coaches individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport involved.
- Works with the Athletic Director in establishing non-league schedules for each season.
- Attend meetings as called by the Athletic Director and/or Head Coach.
- Supervise athletes at all times. This includes practice, games (home and away), on buses, and in the locker room.
- Infuse citizenship into coaching arenas.
- Provide a positive, productive climate in the gym.
- Follow school policy and expectations for student athletes.
- Cooperate with other staff regarding help for students in the areas of health, attitude and learning issues.
- Enforce the extra-curricular code.
- At the end of the day, see to it all students are gone, equipment stored, towels picked up, lights out, and doors properly secured.