The Assistant Volleyball Coach provides leadership and direction to the assigned sports team as coordinated with the team’s head coach. The assistant coach shall enforce all rules of the WIAA as they relate to the respective sport and will assist with the organization and administration of the assigned athletic team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implements and enforce all decision and directives of the head coach.
- Assists the head coach with planning and conducting all practice sessions consistent with the plan of implementation.
- Maintains a current and accurate squad roster at all times, making sure that it is on file with the head coach.
- Supports the head coach in conducting the athletic program of the assigned sport and the total athletic program of the Chief Leschi School system; contributes to and supports team strategies as outlined by the head coach.
- Demonstrates loyalty to the head coach and the team.
- Attends team staff meetings as directed by the head coach, athletic director or building principal.
- Assumes any duties assigned by the head coach pertaining to the respective sport, including conducting portions of practice drills, handling equipment, determining eligibility, working with student managers, scouting, public relations, and maintaining statistics.
- Be at least 19 years old.
- Possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Hold a valid and current first Aid Certification card or be enrolled in a Red Cross first aid card training course.