The Assistant Volleyball Coach is part of the Department of Athletics and Recreation at Bucknell University, a member of the NCAA Division I (FCS in Football) and the Patriot League for 23 of 27 varsity sports.
- Lead training and practice sessions, ensuring that all appropriate safety guidelines and standards are maintained. Perform specific coaching responsibilities during athletic events. Attend coaches preparatory meetings and implement strategies resulting from these meetings.
- Assigned responsibilities within the daily operations and overall administration of the sports program.
- Develop a comprehensive and functional knowledge of the sport and maintain a thorough and continuing familiarity with all applicable University and NCAA regulations.
- Scout and recruit quality student-athletes under the guidance and direction of the Head Coach, and coordinate all recruiting activities with the Head Coach and with appropriate departmental personnel. Be responsible to identify, cultivate, and assess for a specific geographical area or position group.
- Serve as an Academic Enhancement staff member responsible for all facets of the sport specific academic program, including the monitoring of individual student-athletes academic progress as expressed by the faculty. Demonstrate an active interest in the academic progress of student-athletes. Work closely with all appropriate departmental personnel to assure academic success of student-athletes.
- Collegiate playing/coaching experience
- Proven integrity, leadership, and a thorough knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
- Strong commitment and ability to motivate, teach, counsel, and recruit academically qualified student-athletes
- Statistical analysis experience, proficiency in volleyball statistical software.