Position is responsible for assisting the head coach with organizing the Volleyball program at Morehouse College. Position assists with conducting practices, motivating students, and instructing student athletes in game strategies and techniques.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Some experience as an assistant volleyball coach at the high school, club or college level preferred.
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Must possess some knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and students.
- Assists the head coach with instructing players in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Organizes and directs individual and small group practice activities/exercises as directed by the head coach.
- Assesses player’s skills, monitors players during competition and practice, and keeps the head Volleyball coach informed of the athletic performance of students.
- Assists with determining game strategy.
- Assists the head coach with supervising athletes during practices and competition.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
- Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
- Maintains the equipment room in orderly condition and assumes responsibility for its security.
- Distributes equipment, supplies, and uniforms to students as directed by the head coach.