Dakota State University’s Athletics department is seeking applicants for an Assistant Volleyball Coach. The position assists the Head Volleyball Coach with all aspects of the program including coaching, recruiting, and fundraising.
- Serves as the recruiting coordinator for the Trojan volleyball program.
- Assists with regular practice sessions in and out of season.
- Coordinates team travel, JV match schedule, equipment inventory, ordering of supplies and equipment, youth camps, clinics, and tournaments.
- Manages all aspects of film.
- Manages all DSU Volleyball social media.
- Monitors the academic progress of student athletes to prevent academic eligibility problems.
- Communicates and collaborates with departments across campus to ensure student-athlete success.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- One to three years of previous experience coaching at the collegiate or high school level.
- Ability to work evening and weekends and travel as required.
- Knowledge and skill to evaluate and assess student-athletes’ skills and abilities.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to obtain a CDL license to drive a 35 passenger bus to transport team to out of town competitions.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
DSU is committed to equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.