Responsible for assisting the Head Volleyball Coach with organizing the CGLA volleyball program to include conducting practices, motivating students, and instructing athletes in game strategies and techniques.
- Assists the head coach with instructing athletes in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Organizes and directs individual and small group practice activities and exercises, as directed.
- Assesses the athlete’s skills and keeps the head coach informed of the athletic performance of players.
- Assists with determining game strategy.
- Assists with supervising athletes during practice and competition.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
- Models positive sportsmanship and maintains appropriate conduct toward athletes, officials, and spectators.
- Ensures the equipment room is kept in an orderly condition and assumes responsibility for its security.
- Distributes equipment, supplies, and uniforms to athletes, as directed.
- Experience as an Assistant Volleyball Coach at the high school or college level is preferred, but not required.
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Must possess some knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Must possess an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administration, parents, and students.