- Valid WV teaching certification or WVDE teaching permit or substitute permit.
- High school diploma or GED.
- WVSSAC certification.
- Professional and Interpersonal Relations
- Cooperates with building principal
- Cooperates with athletic director
- Develops rapport with coaching staff within the school
- Organizes coaching staff
- Develops positive relationships with participants, student body, faculty, parents, community, officials, news media, and opponents.
- Employs appropriate conduct during practices and games.
- Attends league, conference and WVSSAC meetings.
- Participates in activities that foster growth and development.
- Motivates staff and players toward desired goals.
- Commands respect by example in appearance, manners, behavior and language.