The primary and most important responsibility of a coach is instructing student-athletes. Reporting to the Head Women’s Volleyball Coach (Head Coach), the individual serving in this position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Coordinate and manage all aspects of position/positions assignment as directed by the Head Coach.
- Performs planning, organization and execution for coaching (instruction, education etc.) duties as described and assigned by the Head Coach for all meetings, practice sessions and competitions.
- Function in game day organization and assignments as prescribed by the Head Coach.
- Evaluation of opponents and the development of a game plan for student-athlete instruction in accordance with position/positions assignment as prescribed by the Head Coach.
- Perform recruiting activities and responsibilities as assigned by the Head Coach and/or Women’s Volleyball recruiting coordinator to meet the objectives of the university and team, including the evaluation, contact, and establishing relationships with prospective student-athletes and coaches.
- Attend all staff meetings as scheduled by the Head Coach.
- Bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution required.
- Collegiate volleyball playing experience and 1 year of coaching experience required, or equivalent combination of playing and coaching experience.
- Strong organizational, oral, written, and teaching skills are required.
- Understanding of NCAA rules and regulations required.