The assistant coach is responsible for providing leadership and guidance to student athletes within the program. The assistant coach reports to and works closely with the Head Coach along with other assistant coaches to determine goals and direction of the program. The assistant coach is responsible for the health, safety and welfare of every student athlete participating on the volleyball team for St. Francis High School.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Coordinate the training, instruction, conditioning, and selection of athletes with head and assistant coaches.
- Follow and meet all expectations set forth by St. Francis Public Schools regarding the position of an assistant coach.
- Communicate with head and other assistant coaches regarding questions and concerns.
- Member of the Minnesota Girls Volleyball Association.
- Develop and organize effective practices for athletes that teach volleyball skills and strategies needed to compete in our conference and non-conference play.
- Demonstrate and generate, among your staff and players, an attitude of good sportsmanship and fair play by adhering to the "Coach's Code of Ethics" and our conference "Sportsmanship Guidelines".
- Adhere to the start and end dates of the volleyball season and rules pertaining to out-of-season coaching as determined by the MSHSL.
- Proven experience in teaching and modeling character and responsible behavior.
- Positive, high energy, and committed.
- Partners well with parents, staff, community leaders etc.
- View success not just as winning, but as helping team members to reach goals.
The policy of the school district is to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The school district does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sexual orientation, including gender identity or expression, age, family care leave status, or veteran status.