Provided leadership for the school’s entire athletic program through the ongoing development, implementation and improvement of specific sport coached.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate specific sport with a full team in compliance with MSHSAA standards;
- Assist in implementing athletic standards as outlined in the MSHSAA Handbook and attend all MSHSAA required sessions;
- Assist in the coordination of the program;
- Assist in the supervision of students at practices and contests;
- Help provide information for transportation, facilities, officials and game management;
- Help organize and schedule practice sessions on a regular basis with the objective of developing the student-athlete’s greatest potential;
- Emphasize safety precautions and be aware of the best training and injury management procedures;
- Conduct team and self in an ethical manner during practices and contests, always exemplifying the highest standards of sportsmanship.
- Must successfully complete the MSHSAA/NFHS Coaching Principles Course and Sports First Aid Courses.
- Must have a Teachers Certificate or valid Substitute Certificate or Temporary (provisional) Teacher’s Certificate.