Western Wyoming Community College, a NJCAA Division 1 institution and member of the Wyoming Community College Athletic Conference, encourages applicants to apply for our Assistant Coach position. This position is responsible for assisting with the coaching and supervision of the volleyball team, recruiting, academic progress and community service. This person works under the direction of the Head Volleyball Coach.
- Assist with the day to day operations of the program.
- Assist with the training of student-athletes. Help with individual skills and team concepts.
- Assist with the planning and attend practices, home matches, conditioning, and tryouts.
- Identification, assessment, and recruitment of qualified student-athletes.
- Assist with supervision of academic progress and Study Hall sessions.
- Assist with and supervise community service projects.
- Assists with the planning and coordination of summer camps.
- Provides an example of leadership and competitive but sportsmanlike conduct.
- Volleyball experience which demonstrates a thorough knowledge of the concepts, techniques, principles, and strategies of volleyball.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Associate’s degree.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, faculty, administrators and other members of the college community.
- Strong level of integrity and ethical approach to student athletics.