This position is responsible for supporting the Head Coach with all assigned duties and coaching and providing direction to student athletes so that they might achieve a high level of skill as well as an appreciation for discipline, sportsmanship and teamwork in football.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows and maintains knowledge of all District policy(ies) and procedures.
- Exhibits loyalty to the Head Coach and CSD sports programs.
- Assists instruction and demonstrates skill sets and techniques necessary for individual and team achievement.
- Assists in planning and setting-up activities, practices and games.
- Respects time allotted to practices as determined by the Head Coach.
- Travels with student athletes on the team bus both to and from games.
- Adheres to all financial policies of the District in regard to the collection and disbursement of money, expenses, and receipts.
- Maintains necessary records and completes required paperwork in a specified time and manner.
- Enforces discipline policies and emphasizes sportsmanship and healthy lifestyles.
- Assist Head Coach in supervising students in locker rooms at home and away games and ensures appropriate behavior.
- Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) and/or at least six months related experience. Prior successful experience working in a school setting or coaching student athletes strongly preferred. Experience participating in student athletics desirable
- Interpersonal Skills: Works well with others from diverse backgrounds. Focuses on solving conflict; maintaining confidentiality; listening to others without interrupting; keeping emotions under control; remaining open to others’ ideas and contributing to building a positive team spirit. Demonstrated ability to successfully coach, lead and/or motivate adolescent students.
- Language Skills: Ability to communicate fluently verbally and in writing in English. Ability to effectively present information and respond effectively to questions in one-on-one, small group situations to students and other school staff. Ability to verbally respond to common inquiries from students. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, procedure manuals and regulations. Ability to write general reports and correspondence.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.