Examples of Duties:
- Works to develop student-athletes, enhancing both educational and athletic skills.
- Inspires students to pursue both academics and athletics to better themselves.
- Develops and carries out the district plan for the activity; provides appropriate leadership.
- Is responsible for direct supervision of student athletes during all phases of practices and events.
- Has knowledge of and complies with all applicable District, League and WIAA rules and regulations.
- Monitors athlete’s compliance with school and league eligibility rules.
- Promotes respectful and sportsmanlike behavior at all times, and establishes and oversees penalties for breach of such standards by individual students.
- Properly trains athletes for a safe and successful athletic experience.
- Maintains the safety of program participants.
- Establishes and maintains successful lines of communication and relationships with middle and/or high school age athletes, coaching staff, school administration, parents and the community.
- Hold valid first aid/CPR card or be currently enrolled in a class.
- Minimum 21 years of age for head coach and 19 years of age for assistant coach. High School students may serve as assistant coaches at the middle level when under the direct supervision of the head middle level coach.
- Proof of vaccination for COVID - 19.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the applicable sport.
- Coaching experience preferred.
- Demonstrated interest in and ability to work well with high school students, staff and community.