The Assistant Volleyball Coach at Upper Iowa University reports directly to the Head Volleyball Coach and is responsible for assisting the head coach in the planning, directing, and evaluating all aspects and facets of a successful Volleyball program on the NCAA Division II level.
- Assist in directing and supervising the overall planning and execution of the intercollegiate volleyball program.
- Promote the philosophy and objectives of the volleyball program, the intercollegiate athletic department, and University.
- Serve as a leader, mentor, and role model to the student-athletes of the volleyball program.
- Identify, evaluate, and recruit highly skilled and academically qualified student-athletes.
- Monitor academic progress and eligibility status of team members and implementing action plans and counseling as necessary.
- Effectively analyze and teach the fundamental skills and strategies of volleyball.
- Assist in the planning, organizing, conducting, and evaluating practice sessions.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate game plans, strategies, and in-game adjustments under the direction of the head coach.
- Assist in overseeing the strength and conditioning program for student-athletes of the volleyball program.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master degree preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) year experience in coaching at the collegiate, high school, AAU Level or equivalent.
- Strong commitment to the concept of a student-centered, positive student-athlete Experience.
- Knowledge of the game of volleyball including techniques, strategies, and rules.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules.