Responsibilities include but are not limited to: administration and promotion of the program consistent with the goals and mission of the college, and consistent commitment to the recruitment of student-athletes. The candidate should have a complete knowledge of the sport and the ability to teach and motivate student-athletes to be successful academically and athletically.
- High School diploma or equivalent, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least three years of coaching experience, preferably at the college lever.
- Valid Illinois Driver’s License.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Recruitment of student-athletes.
- Organize and supervise practices.
- Develop practice plans.
- Set up and take down equipment.
- Travel to scheduled contests with team.
- Assist with ordering/inventory of all equipment.
- Assist with scheduling and planning away contests.
- Provide a high quality of moral and ethical leadership to student-athletes.
- Participate in achieving department and college goals and objectives.