The Assistant Volleyball Coach (First Assistant) is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in planning, managing, and evaluating all aspects of the Volleyball program. He/She will be asked to teach, train, and coach all team members. The Assistant Coach’s main responsibilities are recruiting and coaching, but also include video breakdown/film and all other duties as listed below.
- Assists Head Coach in managing and directing the Volleyball program.
- Assists the Head Coach with all aspects of the team including training, competing, and scheduling.
- Attends all practices and conditioning activities throughout the year.
- Verifies travel arrangements one week prior to travel (bus, hotel, food).
- Commits to and is responsible for adhering to all rules and regulations set forth for the team, the College, the Patriot League, and the NCAA with the utmost integrity.
- Completes other assigned administrative duties in a timely manner.
- Assists with recruiting including calling prospective student-athletes, evaluating prospects as necessary, and maintaining accurate records in our recruiting database.
- Coordinates recruiting efforts to attract quality student-athletes to Lafayette who meet the admission requirements and who have the potential to improve our program.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to recruit, coach, and teach highly talented student-athletes.
- Ability to build positive relationships with our student-athletes and mentor our athletes on personal and academic matters.
- Ability to adhere to all policies, rules, and regulations of the College, the Patriot League, and the NCAA.
- A proven record in following directives and being responsible for tasks that have been assigned.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives, and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies.