The Assistant Volleyball Coach reports to the Head Volleyball Coach and is responsible for all aspects of the University of Tulsa’s NCAA Division I Volleyball Program. This position will perform as a positive role model for student-athletes in an upbeat environment which strives for academic and athletic excellence and will establish a professional relationship with student-athletes, staff, alumni and the general public in an effort to promote the university, and its athletics program.
- Responsible for assisting the Head Volleyball Coach with the overall management of the volleyball program including operations, team travel, recruiting, equipment, coaching, scheduling, and budget.
- Assist in the daily preparation and coordination of team practices.
- Assist with travel coordination and daily operations, including booking hotel.
- Assist with overseeing the academic progress and success of student-athletes.
- Assist with social media and content creation for volleyball program.
- Assist the Head Volleyball Coach and other members of the volleyball coaching staff in the recruitment of highly skilled student-athletes for the volleyball team.
- May assist in maintaining statistics including coding in VolleyStation and creating worksheets to track performance standards.
- Bachelor’s degree and volleyball coaching experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication and organizational skills; strong self-starter; ability to work within the American Athletic Conference; knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations; ability to work closely with a diverse group of people.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with student-athletes, faculty, coaches and administrators.