The Assistant Volleyball Coach is responsible for assisting in planning and administering all aspects of the Volleyball Program as assigned. Under the direction of the Head Volleyball Coach, the Assistant Volleyball Coach should model and maintain an exemplary student-athlete concept and the personal development of a student athlete who's on and off the court/field behavior reflects favorably upon the Our Lady of the Lake community in general and the athletics program in particular.
Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor's Degree in Physical Education, Sport Management, or a related field required. Master's Degree preferred.
2. A minimum of three years of coaching experience, preferably in a college or university setting, with at least one year of experience coaching the assigned sport is required.
1. Thorough knowledge of fundamentals, technical aspects, and strategy for assigned sport.
2. Ability to recruit and retain qualified athletes and to facilitate timely progress toward graduation.
3. Effective oral and written communication skills.
4. Ability to learn, apply and adhere to NAIA rules and regulations.
5. Ability to interact well with officials, coaches, parents, media, and the public.
6. Ability to operate the volleyball program within budget parameters.
7. Understanding of and commitment to the catholic faith and its traditions.
8. Solid knowledge base of student development theory.