High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Coaching experience in volleyball at the middle school or junior high school level preferred.
Coaching experience in organized community sports considered.
Sport First Aid and CPR Certification preferred.
Participation in volleyball at the high school, collegiate or professional level(s) preferred.
Strong oral and written communication skills are required.
Ability to communicate effectively with the media, parents, school administration and community is also required.
Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
Leadership and supervisory skills necessary.
Dependable and reliable a must.
Involvement in professional development activities designed to improve his or her skills coaching volleyball strategies, volleyball tactics or volleyball techniques preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Ability to teach volleyball techniques, volleyball rules, volleyball strategies and playing tactics.
2. Ability to teach sportsmanship, cooperation and responsibility to team members.
3. Demonstrates through experience, a commitment to devote long hours and weekends to the volleyball program.
4. Conducts a pre-season and post season volleyball conditioning program.
5. Ability to supervise and conduct safe practices and contests.
6. Ability to accurately assess the talents and abilities of team members.
7. Ability to promote athletes to college recruiters.
8. Participate in a successful recruitment program.