The Assistant Volleyball Coach recruits, retains, supervises, and coaches NCAA Division I student-athletes, under the guidelines of Georgetown, the BIG EAST Conference and NCAA. They carry out duties within the stated philosophy of Georgetown athletics and its educational mission, and follow all institutional, conference and NCAA rules and regulations to insure compliance.
- Organize, prepare and conduct individual and team practices and training.
- Develop effective drills and strategies for player improvement.
- Monitor strength, conditioning, and speed workout programs.
- Create and administer the off-season training program.
- Collect tactical and statistical data of opponent's teams, watch game tapes, make phone calls to other coaches for scouting reports.
- Review, digest and analyze data and evaluations to determine strengths and weaknesses of opposing teams and players.
- Design game plans and strategies, as well as workout programs, drills, and training routines to improve athletic performance.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 1 to 3 years of experience directly related to duties and responsibilities specified, preferably at college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- and understanding of all aspects of the game of volleyball.
- Knowledge of NCAA regulations and guidelines governing the recruitment, academic eligibility requirements, and retention of student-athletes.
- Knowledge of athletics recruitment methods and techniques.
- Ability to create a database for all prospects.