Carry out the objectives of the sports program as outlined by the head coach. Instruct athletes in team and individual fundamentals, strategies, and physical training necessary for them to realize individual and team success.
- High School level of knowledge of the sport.
- Required IHSA certification.
- Previous coaching experience in assigned sport is recommended.
- Obtain CPR/AED Certification.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in the implementation of the program as outlined by the head coach. Is loyal and supportive even though philosophical differences may exist.
- Supportive of the district and the program at all times.
- Has thorough knowledge of District athletic policies/procedures and is responsible for the implementation of these policies.
- Attend all practices.
- Assist the head coach in the issuing, fitting, and monitoring the condition of the equipment used in the sport coached.
- Attend staff meetings for the purpose of planning and evaluating the program.
- Other job related duties as assigned.