Position is responsible for assisting the head coaching with game strategies and techniques to prepare the students for athletic competition. Position motivates student athletes to develop an appreciation of the sport.
- Knows and understands the volleyball league rule book and any changes that are made.
- Assists the head coach with any practice or game needs.
- Studies the skills and abilities of the players on the team and puts each player in the most suitable position.
- Recognizes and uses each player's specific talents to devise plays and playing strategies for games.
- Studies the abilities of the players on opposing teams as well as their coach's strategies.
- Works as a teacher when coaching a middle school team.
- Knows how many timeouts are left in each game and makes the best use of them.
- Keeps up with the score throughout the game.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understand the fundamentals of the game of volleyball.
- Have the ability to motivate players to reach their potential.
- Must have exceptional leadership skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Have the ability to make quick decisions under pressure.
- Be able to effectively handle stress and keep a positive demeanor toward the game.